Monday, July 26, 2010

Hi, my name is Jessica, and I am a Foodie.

My whole life, I've had a love affair with food. I think it comes from my Jewish mother. It's always about the food. The first question I always get when I go home to visit is, "What do you want to eat?" She's always making something. It's like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" but we're not Greek! Your stomach hurts? Eat something! You have a headache? Maybe you're hungry! I always love to try new restaurants or test out new recipes or hunker down with the Food Network to get some inspiration. I'll try any food once and trust me, I've experienced the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to food.

In Cadiz, Spain, trying the local cuisine. (2007)
In addition to food, I love learning new things and having different experiences. That probably comes from the fact that I moved around a lot my whole life. Each new place was a new adventure. A new venue for me to try the local food, learn new things and grow. My passion for Asian cuisine comes from my years of living in Japan (which is also where I gained the courage to literally try anything...Jelly fish anyone?). My passion for a good wine and Tapas (small plates) where I can try little bites of everything came from the time I lived in Spain (which is also where I gained a larger appreciation for the arts and where I learned about working to live, not living to work). My passion for Coastal Carolina (fresh seafood, sun, and beautiful water to be exact) and a perfectly golden Fried Green Tomato comes from my time living in the south (Raleigh and Southport, NC). I've learned a lot from living in so many wonderful places (more than just the three I listed here). It's my passion for food and exploring new things that has really made me who I am today.

But it's not all about the food. I've had many experiences in my life (again, the good, the bad, and the ugly) that have shaped my perceptions of the world and how I live in it. That's what this blog is about. Great food, great experiences, following your passions, and living life the the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment