Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Brown Ones...

We may need to watch out for them! I say that because I'm "a Brown" but what I'm really talking about are brown M&Ms (I don't really think we need to watch out for them, but keep reading to see where I'm going with this). Have you ever seen the movie The Wedding Planner with Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConaughey? Remember the scene where he throws away all the different colored M&Ms (which should be a crime in itself) saying the brown ones have "less artificial coloring because chocolate's already brown"? Well I beg to differ! In my extensive research of M&Ms (sarcasm intended), I have come to realize that while yes, chocolate is in fact brown (surprise surprise....unless of course, you are eating white chocolate...but I didn't need to tell you that), the M&Ms candy coating is actually a white candy (which you will see if you just bite one in half). And considering that in order to get a rich brown color, you need to mix blue, red, and yellow together (I think you see where I'm going with this but I'll say it anyway)...doesn't that mean that the brown ones would actually have the most artificial colors? It's food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment