Monday, July 26, 2010

Adding "blogging" to my long list of things I do...


Blogging. As if I needed anything else to fill what little free time I actually have. Actually, that's a lie, I do have free time but I choose to pack it with the things I love doing which includes eating great food with great friends, reading interesting and inspirational books (I'm all about constant learning and expanding the mind), starting an event (which at this point will remain nameless as it is still in the fetal stages of event planning), staying up to date on the latest ads (I'm in advertising so I'm an ad junkie) and going to the gym (which allows me to eat as much of that "great food" I referenced earlier). (Did I mention I like parenthesis to take a thought a little deeper?)

But back to blogging, I decided to start one based on two non-related happenings with one common thread that I wanted to bring together:
  1. As you can tell by the name of my blog, I'm a huge foodie. And as I said in my previous post, I will try anything once, and when I find something amazing, I tell the world (literally)! I'm always seeking out the newest, best restaurants and suddenly I became the girl everyone went to when they needed a good restaurant recommendation. So I started posting now and then on Yelp, when I found something that was truly amazing. I immediately started getting "Yelp compliments" from people like Felecia B. who saw my review and loved it. Felecia wrote, "Wow-your review makes me want to try this place out...Definitely write more reviews!" That made me consider writing a food blog, because who doesn't love to learn about the latest and greatest restaurants (and the best things to get there).
  2. The "revelations" part of the blog came from the fact that my brain is always busy. To the point that I wish I could have an on-off switch because it can keep me up at night! I'm constantly thinking about things in different ways and always joke that I have too many thoughts and I need to start writing them down. I love learning about different sides of one situation and thinking outside the box. This has lead me to many great revelations in life. 
And that common thread? Well it's passion. Passion about food; passion about living life to the fullest; passion about sharing experiences with friends. 

So congratulations! You made it through my second blog post of ramblings. They won't all be like this, I promise. I just wanted to let you know where I'm coming from and what this blog is all about. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment